I need to write an external for LiveCode in C++, but I doubt my ability to do it.

Jonathan Lynch jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 21:12:09 EST 2016

This is for processing high-definition images that are composited and
printed, so I really have to work with high image qualities. Also, I am
working through the imagedata, which is a string of characters, rather than
the content of the image. In that sense, the starting format of the image
is not entirely relevant. The size of the image is quite relevant. The data
within each image is set to have four times the horizontal and vertical
resolution of the screen.

On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 8:23 PM, Simon <simon at asato-media.com> wrote:

> Jonathan Lynch wrote
> > ...but it still requires looking at every single pixel and checking to
> > see if the colors are within a certain range.
>
> I'm way out of my league here but...
> Doesn't lossy jpeg compression make assumptions about 2 pixels next to each
> other?
> (pseudo)
> if pixel 1,1 = green
> skip pixel 1,2
> is pixel 1,3 green
> etc.
> That would increase the speed by lots I'd think.
> Of course it is lossy.
>
> Simon
>

> --

Do all things with love