LC8DP15 feedback-IDE Issues

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Mar 4 04:53:16 EST 2016

On 2016-03-03 20:33, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> As for the Inspector, it may be time to consider a property sheet
> rather than manually arranged control layouts.  VB and Toolbook use
> prop sheets and I love having absolutely every property available in
> one place. Helps with learning too, so folks can see all properties
> laid out and explore them more easily.

The property inspector in 8 *is* a property sheet and it doesn't use
manually arranged control layouts - everything is generated on demand
based on data about the different controls (for existing engine controls
this data is stored in hand-written text files in the IDE, for widgets
the widget provides all the information necessary itself via LCB's
metadata feature).

The properties are grouped into sections and currently those sections
are displayed on different tabs - I don't think an 'all' tab is entirely
out of the question at some point.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps