Open source, closed source, and the value of code

Robert Mann rman at free.fr
Tue Mar 1 18:24:14 EST 2016

But.. but.. ???????

<< With respect to your Question 2, the Indy license doesn't have to
specifically forbid a service where someone with a freer license compiles
code on your behalf. You can't build an actual Livecode application without
using the IDE, so if you used the Community IDE your application must
adhere to the GPL. The whole point of the GPL is to prevent "free" software
from being changed into "proprietary" software. >>

This seems kind of absurd.; and yes totally.. unrealistic!!

So far : I have both a commercial and a a Community Edition (yes no more
open source!),
and I can write on one and then open and keep writing on the other.
I mean, there is no way to identify the tool used!!!

Besides, dual licensing of the same work is fine. That one leaves me.. dead
in kafka"s chaos!!