Open source, closed source, and the value of code

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Tue Mar 1 18:40:44 EST 2016

Robert did you read the quote I sent yesterday from the horses mouth? I very much doubt it would be profitable for anyone to take a different position than LiveCode Ltd on whether a stackFile is considered a plugin and therefore covered by the GPL. I have to say that I myself was unsure of this point and the quote from Mark was in response to my questioning. If you choose take a different position than the company my only advice would be to take legal council on the matter before you go ahead and test the waters.

Cheers

Monte

Sent from my iPhone