Players in HTML5 - ETA for Full Functionality?

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Mar 1 17:57:26 EST 2016

On 2/03/2016 9:28 am, "use-livecode on behalf of Peter TB Brett"
<use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of
peter.brett at livecode.com> wrote:

>On 01/03/2016 22:17, Peter TB Brett wrote:
>> On 25/02/2016 06:28, Terry Judd wrote:
>>> Apologies for hijacking this thread somewhat but Peter could you
>>>possibly
>>> comment on the likelihood of clipboard support being added to HTML5 in
>>> the
>>> near (or middle) future. I understand there are potential security
>>> concerns around use of the clipboard but it would be good to hear your
>>> thoughts on how these might be accommodated (or not).
>>
>> It basically depends on two things:
>>
>> 1) A suitable JavaScript API being available in browsers
>> (http://caniuse.com/#feat=clipboard).  Since I first started looking at
>> HTML5 support, this aspect has actually come on leaps and bounds.  Using
>> the appropriate HTML5 JavaScript API, correctly, should
>
>Note in particular, from the website I've linked above, that many
>browsers won't provide "paste" at all, or won't provide it without a
>focussed, editable HTML form text field.  These are a the security
>considerations I mentioned previously.

Thanks for the explanation Peter - in my case I¹m looking to paste a
simple report (plain text) into an editable text field on another page, so
possible at least.

Regards,

Terry...