Licensing questions again (was: Glen Bojsza "LC 8 hard question...")

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Tue Mar 1 12:11:11 EST 2016

> This view is not being supported by "Livecode Support". They claim that since the licensing scheme changed to "subscription" in April 2013, my perpetual license at that time was somehow affected and mutated to subscription style, too, as it were "on the fly". I was never informed about such a change during the Kickstarter campaign and I doubt that such a silent change could be legally justified.

Sorry for that expression, but if that is the view of the support team , then that is bullshit. If you bought a perpetual license, then this license allows you to use at least the version that was current at the time when you purchased that license for ever. There was also the possibility to purchase an “additional year of upgrades”. All new released versions within that year were added to your license. That might be the reason why your perpetual license in your account shows the range 4.5.x to 6.1.0.

I am not a lawyer, but i am pretty sure they cannot change your perpetual license to a subscription license without your confirmation and without any notification.

I am confident that they will find a satisfying solution for you. I´ve had always good experiences with them discussing license questions.

Matthias