Hey-Ho and Off We Go with HTML5

RM richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 15:13:26 EST 2016

On 29.02.2016 21:29, RM wrote:
> So:
>
> I made a stack with a button and 2 fields in LiveCode 8.0 DP 15 and a
> spot of
> scripting in the button, and exported the thing as an HTML5
> standalone, then opened
> the generated page in Firefox, and (apart from the slightly squiffy
> aesthetics) the thing
> looked and behaved exactly like the original stack.
>
> Rocks!
>
> So . . . . I am getting all revved-up to generate an HTML page for
> University students of my
> wife's to do a gap-fill exercise, AND, having clicked on a "SUBMIT"
> button  to have the results
> put into a merry text-file and e-mailed to my wife.
>
> AND the question is: can anybody tell me how to send a text file
> generated in Livecode
> to an email address?
>
> Richmond.

So: I popped this in a button of my stack:

on mouseUp
    revMail "ZZZ at gmail.com", "QQQ at gmail.com", "Test", "Message sent from
LiveCode-HTML5"
end mouseUp

 From the stack that button opened my email client (Thunderbird) and
filled in all the required boxes.

Absolutely fantastic!!!

BUT, from the same stuck, once hived-off as an HTML5 thing the button
didn't work.

Richmond.