Installer software

scott at elementarysoftware.com scott at elementarysoftware.com
Fri Dec 9 00:35:27 EST 2016

Hello Peter,

I use DropDMG <http://c-command.com/dropdmg/> for Mac delivery and Inno Setup  <http://www.jrsoftware.org/> for Windows.
To make using Inno Setup simpler, I use Inno Script Studio <https://www.kymoto.org/> which has a wizard feature that lets you build a basic install script for Inno Setup.  DropDMG is a commercial product. Inno Setup and Inno Script Studio are both freeware with a donation option.

I’ve used DropDMG for many years and have been very happy with the way it can automate the process of building slick DMG files. The thing I found most puzzling about DropDMG was that most of the setup work is done by first selecting “preferences…” from the application menu.

The thing I (first) scratched my head about with Inno Script Studio was to not select individual folders to include with the installer (when the wizard asked for additional files or folders) but to just select the main folder that also encompasses the .exe.  I’m still a complete beginner with Inno Script Studio but my experiences so far have been good.

Warmest regards,

Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust!)