Typesetting in LC -- Line Spacing

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Dec 5 15:08:02 EST 2016

On 12/5/16 1:19 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:

> Can we now control the line height above and below  the headlines in
> this example… i.e. control over the baseline of a given line in
> relation to the baseline of the previous line? i.e. variable spacing
> between lines in the same field.

It took me forever to find a definitive list, which I now know is
located in the LC 5.5 release notes. There really should be a lesson or
summary about this stuff.

To control line spacing individually, you can set the field's
fixedLineHeight to true and its textheight to the smallest spacing
you'll need, and then use the "spaceAbove" and/or the "spaceBelow"
adjustments to manage specific lines.

The "new-ish" field and text properties are very, very powerful and I
use them a lot. But if you don't know about them, it is almost
impossible to discover they exist. I only found them because I
remembered some new features were implemented, but I actually had to
open and read every release note going to back to 5.5 before I found them.

I wish there were a way to search all the release notes at once.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com