Is there a mapping table for all rawKeyUp Codes? No solution yet with LC 8

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Mon Dec 5 14:44:06 EST 2016

On Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1 with LC 8.1.2(rc2) and German Keyboard layout I see:

Shift + dot (":") the keyname = 58
Shift + ö ("Ö") the keyname = 58

But if you add to these 'the keysDown' as Herman suggested I see:

Shift + dot (":") the keyname = 58 and the keysDown = 46,65505 (46 is the : key and 65505 is the shift key)
Shift + ö ("Ö") the keyname = 58 and the keysDown = 59,65505 (59 is the ö key and 65505 is the shift key)

So you should be able to use the first item of the keysDown to differentiate which key was pressed. Maybe not ideal, but it should work.

e.g.
   put keyname and item 1 of the keysDown

Paul