Why is LC text blurred on a retina display?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Sep 18 04:23:35 EDT 2015

Hello,

using LC 6.5.2 and the standard text font tahoma, all texts in fields and
buttons look blurred on a retina display in a standalone, compared to a text
program or even the finder texts. Because I don't have a retina display
myself I only can test with the feedback of a customer.

Is there anything I can do in LC? Is it the 6.5.2. engine itself? Are
different font rendered in different ways? On Windows we have OTF and TTF
font, which are rendered in different ways. Is there something similar on
Mac? Which is the preferred font on Mac and windows, if it is not anymore
Tahoma? Or do we just have to live with a blurred LC program?

Any hints appreciated

Tiemo