Geometry Manager - Anyone?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Sep 18 03:06:01 EDT 2015

Ditto.  The GM seems like a good idea when you first start poking around
with it, and as long as you're doing simple things with it it all seems
dandy.  But sooner or later you'll come across something you need to do,
some object that has to be positioned relative to something else, that's
just difficult to do in the GM.  And by the time you figure it out and
go through all the clicking, how much time was saved?

Writing your own resizeStack handlers is very liberating.  Sure, it can
be a bit tedious, but you generally only need to do it once and forget
about it until you make serious changes - when you'd have to redo all
your GM clicking anyway.

With your own custom code you have complete control over everything.
Well worth the modest effort.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems