Application Data

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Wed Oct 28 20:22:26 EDT 2015

Monte, with lcVCS, the user of my application would have their file data saved into a number of folders? Would the users of my runtime need to install dlls and such?

David, yes, copying a group back and forth seems simpler. I’m trying to understand this concept… So, to save to another file, I could clone the stack, delete unwanted groups and what not, and save. To import the controls, I would open that stack and copy the cards over, or copy the controls??

On a side note…it seems to be true that because a runtime with the LC engine can create a new stacks complete with controls, properties, and scripts, and save, open, modify, and interact with it, in essence my runtime application becomes a shadow version of LiveCode, and me now a mini-LiveCode mogul?

Peter