Options for playing mp3 on iOS

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Wed Oct 28 17:30:16 EDT 2015

Hi Ben,

> Am 28.10.2015 um 20:34 schrieb Ben Rubinstein <benr_mc at cogapp.com>:
>
> I have a small number of mp3 clips that I want to embed in my app and play on demand.
>
> I think that I have three choices, but I may be wrong:
> 	- audioClip

imported sound clips do not work on mobile, if you mean that.
However: play „path/to/sound.mp3“
does work on mobile.

> 	- mobilePlaySoundOnChannel
> 	- a player object

player objects are also not supported on mobile.
But you can „mobilecreate“ a „native „player“, although I’m not sure if this is only for video?

> Are any of these an out-of-the-box bad idea?  Is one of them a clear leader? Or what are the pros and cons?
>
> I'm interested in the pros and cons in general; but in this specific case it may be relevant to note:
> 	- I don't need to give the user a controller (but don't object to it)

I think the native player object has one.

> 	- I do need to be able to programmatically stop the sound
> 	- I would like to be able to programatically adjust the volume

„the playloudness“ is also supported on mobile.

> Thanks in advance for all wisdom shared!
>
> Ben

Best

Klaus

--