What is "Open Language"?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Oct 27 04:57:17 EDT 2015

> On 27 Oct 2015, at 7:47 pm, Mark Waddingham <mark at livecode.com> wrote:
>
> On 2015-10-26 23:27, Monte Goulding wrote:
>> You seem to have answered all the questions apart from the control
>> structure ones.
>
> Indeed - my train had arrived at my destination and I didn't have time to respond to the next post.

You did it again… is it a metaphorical train ;-)

>> As far as gentle goes the good news is I’ve managed to find the
>> control structures in grammar.g… The bad news is I loose the trail
>> once I get to types.g…
>
> Post a topic on the forums about 'switch' - we need to have a discussion about what sort of 'switch' should actually be implemented. C-style switches are horrendous and really have no place in a 'higher-level' language in my point of view. I've seen that control structure done better in virtually every other programming language I've ever used.

I actually did that a few weeks back asking if it would be implemented. I’m not really expecting I’ll be able to get my head around gentle enough in the time I can allocate to FOSS contributions to be much more than a hindrance but I’m happy to discuss it ;-)

Cheers

Monte