What is "Open Language"?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Tue Oct 27 04:49:28 EDT 2015

On 2015-10-26 17:36, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> I was merely having fun with some of expectations among the readers
> here for what Open Language might be used for.

Well, I'm glad you are having fun :P

> Personally, I don't mind comma-delimited arguments, and am generally
> happy with any syntax that let's me get my work done.

Interesting - I suspect that other people might not be quite so 'on
board' with your attitude towards the importance of English-like syntax
to LiveCode (and xTalks in general).

> I'm fine with whatever there's budget to provide to let folks explore
> novel syntax, even more so with your reminder here that Open Language
> is among the last of the enhancements in queue, long after being able
> to play a video file on Linux without crashing and other less
> glamorous but useful things.

Unfortunately, language and features are intertwined. You can't have
features without a way to access them, and a language with no features
is useless.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps