What is "Open Language"?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Tue Oct 27 04:47:03 EDT 2015

On 2015-10-26 23:27, Monte Goulding wrote:
> You seem to have answered all the questions apart from the control
> structure ones.

Indeed - my train had arrived at my destination and I didn't have time
to respond to the next post.

> As far as gentle goes the good news is I’ve managed to find the
> control structures in grammar.g… The bad news is I loose the trail
> once I get to types.g…

Post a topic on the forums about 'switch' - we need to have a discussion
about what sort of 'switch' should actually be implemented. C-style
switches are horrendous and really have no place in a 'higher-level'
language in my point of view. I've seen that control structure done
better in virtually every other programming language I've ever used.

> It’s all very interesting… a compiler for a language for making
> compilers that is compiling a language that is a compiler…

It's turtles all the way down...

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps