Widget Properties

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sun Oct 11 02:11:39 EDT 2015

> On 11 Oct 2015, at 11:36 am, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Monte.  Maybe I should file a QCC report or have you already done so?

No I haven’t reported it. I got the impression from the discussion that it was never intended to support the properties so it wouldn’t happen. I’m about to propose (on the engine forum) a refactor of the properties property (which I’ll do if they want me to) that will essentially make the properties property self maintaining rather than the current situation which means the list of properties for an object type needs to be maintained manually. This wasn’t possible before the refactor and there’s still a few issues like identifying which synonym of a property is the one to use in the properties array and which properties should be in the array. The end result will mean the properties of a widget will be kind + the standard properties for a control + the standard properties for an object.

Cheers

Monte