mySQL and accented chars revisited

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Wed Nov 4 19:51:36 EST 2015

Hi John,
Sounds like you're using LC7 since I see textDecode in there.

I don;t know enough about the URL side of things but I think the issue on
the database side is what you are doing when you INSERT or UPDATE the
data.  It needs to be textEncoded at that point.  After that, you need to
textDecode it every time you SELECT it.

If you haven't textEncoded the data, you'll need to write a script that
takes care of that.  I haven't tried this but I think if you SELECT every
record in your database without textDecoding it, then textEncode it and
UPDATE it back into the database, that will fix it.  Please try this on a
copy of your database, not the live version!

Once you've done that and added the textEncode/textDecode logic to your
database handlers, I think you'll get your è back!

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>