How do you handle the poor performance of LC 7?

Andrew Kluthe andrew at ctech.me
Fri May 29 15:50:13 EDT 2015

Not a bad option for some, then. Unfortunately, decisions like that on the
software in question are over my head. They have decided they would rather
I just do it in something more mainstream, than spend time in that way. I
fought tooth and nail to get permission to do it in livecode. It works, it
still works. We'd been using it for close to 5 years and dealing with some
small gotchas. People above me at the company I work for donated to the
kickstarter and were as excited as the rest of us at the possibilities the
future of livecode introduced. They have been watching new releases roll
out and wanting to move forward on big improvements and the new features.

We gave it a shot with some prototypes with the newer versions. My
superiors were tired of waiting/dealing with it and decided to pull the
plug on livecode. The decision was made to re-write most of it for .NET
(some if it on my own dime) to compensate for that risk going ahead.

Livcode will still be great again. I'll probably use it for freelance work
at some point in the future, but around here. It's just not an option the
company wishes to pursue any further.