How do you handle the poor performance of LC 7?

Andrew Kluthe andrew at ctech.me
Fri May 29 16:02:28 EDT 2015

Of note, the only things wrong with the prototypes we did were that the
reports (pulling large amounts of data from a server, processing it,
generating html reports and outputting it) were noticeably slower (not like
what is often reported on this list, but slow enough for someone to notice
its slower). To be fair, they were fairly complex reports and they should
probably be offloaded to a reporting server that can process them in a
queue at its own pace. Which is what we did. To be fair, this new reporting
process was even slower than the slowness introduced by upgrading to newer
versions.

These issues are just the breaks with the engine changes. I get that you
guys are optimizing things, but by design, the entire thing is just
inherently a wee bit slower to your own admission. This wasn't good enough
for those who made the decision to pull the plug.  Basically, after
following along for the last few years my boss now considers LC to be good
for really robust prototypes at this point but would never let me do
another project that affects our production lines in LC, regardless of how
many things have been shot into space running livecode.