about Mark...

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Sun May 10 12:01:35 EDT 2015

> I asked the same question on ChatRev the other day. Eventually we
> pretty much agreed that Mark is probably doing what he is paid for:
> overseeing the programming team, thinking about what are the most
> important issues and how to solve them. The latter part probably makes
> him more involved with the community. I don't know whether Mark sees
> it this way, but it seems to be a good development.

I'd like to think I've been doing what I've been 'paid for' the entire
time - even if not directly visible to the community ;)

However, you are pretty much 'on the button' in what you say. The fact
we now have a well established, highly competent team means that I can
spend perhaps a little less time actually coding and a little more time
thinking and interacting. (Of course, a shrewd observer might say that
this is down to me divesting myself of my innate
micro-managing-control-freak tendencies as I get older - and there might
be some truth in that too).

Now, as yet, I can't guarantee that there won't be periods where I do
'disappear' for a time - some of the things we are doing are quite big
and complex and whilst thinking about how to solve the problems that
present themselves I might be availed of a little more 'do something
else time'. However, when I do enter a period of 'intense' coding I tend
not to look up for air much.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps