about Mark...

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Sun May 10 11:50:07 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-09 20:37, Colin Holgate wrote:
> This is in no way a complaint! But I’m curious about how much Mark is
> posting these days. Did he run out of things to develop?

Definitely not the latter!

I've lurked on both the use and dev lists for years - I read and have
read the majority of all the posts (admittedly skimming some threads
when they spiral off the point - but I suspect we all do that) and
information gained does get filtered in to what we are doing even if it
isn't apparent at times.

This is just an extension of my involvement in Bugzilla and specific
forums. I must confess I find the forums, as a whole, more difficult to
get involved in as the volume is a great deal higher and less focused.
Personally, I find it is more difficult to mentally manage the
involvement there, whereas the mailing lists more easily slot in to
moments here and there.

> It is exciting to see him participating here.

Well, I'm glad it is of help. I find it quite cathartic to be honest!
Generally I've found that helping others with specific issues I can
easily comment on (due to knowledge that I already hold) in between
working on more difficult problems (from my perspective at least -
things are only difficult until you understand the problem) helps to
unstick the mind.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps