Android Intents/iOS Extensions?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Apr 23 22:30:15 EDT 2015

On 24 Apr 2015, at 11:38 am, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> Does that mean I should be able to add intents to my Android build so my app can be among those that can receive specified file types?

Yes and no, it means you could add the intent filters to your manifest but there's still no way for you to get the data of the file uri from the intent and read the file from the content resolver... However it would theoretically be possible to do that stuff in an external including setting the intent result and finishing the activity so it returns to the calling app. The current state of Android externals is a bit hit and miss though. I'm currently trying to work out if it's possible to use google play services in one because there's so much cool stuff in there but it's not looking very easy.

Cheers

Monte

--
M E R Goulding