Android Intents/iOS Extensions?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 23 23:16:30 EDT 2015

Monte Goulding wrote:

 > On 24 Apr 2015, at 11:38 am, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >
 >> Does that mean I should be able to add intents to my Android
 >> build so my app can be among those that can receive specified
 >> file types?
 >
 > Yes and no, it means you could add the intent filters to your
 > manifest but there's still no way for you to get the data of
 > the file uri from the intent and read the file from the content
 > resolver...

In my rabid desire for this it seems I've misunderstood what the
urlWakeUp message and mobileGetLaunchUrl function are for.

My hope was that urlWakeUp would launch my app and allow me to respond
with a card designed for handing such requests, and the path to the
image (or browser URL or whatever else is being shared) would be
obtainable from mobileGetLaunchUrl.

If not for this purpose, what are those for?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems