Multi user sqlite via shared-cache mode?

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Mar 11 12:34:44 EDT 2014

Hi Michael
You can find more info about this at
http://www.sqlite.org/atomiccommit.html#brokenlocks

In general, it's risky accessing SQlite databases over a network unless you
are only querying the database and not doing any insert/update/delete
operations for the reasons explained in the link.

Usually, options like shared cache are turned on and off using PRAGMA
statements but I couldn't find one for this purpose.  It looks like you
enable shared cache when the database is opened by using a filepath similar
to:

file:<pathtomydb>?cache=shared

when calling revOpenDatabase but I haven't tried it so not sure if LC would
accept it.  If it doesn't, we should probably file a bug report.

There are some client/server tools out there for SQLite.  Some are listed
at http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteNetwork and no doubt a Google
search will find others.  I've never tried any of them so not sure how well
they play with LC.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>