Multi user sqlite via shared-cache mode?

Michael Gruenthal mgruenthal at mac.com
Tue Mar 11 10:41:33 EDT 2014

I¹m interested in having a small (<20) number of users simultaneously
connected to an sqlite DB on a shared network drive as an alternative to
hosting on a server. I found some old (2010) discussions about this without
a clear answer. I¹m wondering if sqlite share-cache mode will permit this. I
have a very rudimentary understanding of SQL so perhaps I¹m misunderstanding
what shared-cache mode does, but I¹m hoping that the upgraded sqlite support
in LC 6.6 in combination with shared-cache mode will allow at least a
limited number of concurrent connections.

If so, does anyone know if there¹s a way to use revOpenDatabase() to open a
connection with shared-cache mode enabled? If I understand correctly it is
disabled by default. Thanks.

Michael