Name shadows another variable

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Fri Jun 27 12:31:20 EDT 2014

Hi Craig,
The error message "name shadows another variable" is  shown as when strict
compile mode is on.  It's supposed to indicate that the name of a declared
variable has already been declared somewhere else in the script, perhaps
with another local statement in the same script/handler or in a global
declaration for the script.

Problem is that it is sometimes displayed when there is no clash of names
and the only way to get out of it (as far as I know) is to quite Livecode
and run again.

A full description is in my QCC report number 10511

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>