ScreenRect bug or not

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Jun 8 17:18:59 EDT 2014

Richard-

Here is what you wrote:

> There is an IDE rewrite underway, and a very large-scope effort to
> improve overall rendering.

As you know, I've been pushing for open-sourcing the IDE for over a
year now, but so far I've seen no move in that direction. If you're
privy to some information that the rest of us are not, then perhaps
you have a better word for it than "secret", because it's certainly
news to me.

I recall some years ago there was a decision by the team to rewrite
the datatbase library, and so all existing database bugs were "closed"
and made duplicates of a single db-rewrite bug. To date all those bug
reports remain in the limbo of duplicate entries and the database
layer has not been rewritten. I trust it will happen someday, but in
the meantime I'm not about to try fixing database layer bugs just to
have them closed as duplicates. And I don't see any difference with
the rest of the IDE if we don't know what parts are being rewritten.

...although possibly you mean something else by "IDE rewrite"...

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any
related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting,
disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received
this communication in error, please delete it immediately.