[ANN] lcStackbrowser V2 Released

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sat Jan 11 12:05:38 EST 2014

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the feedback.  Yes, it's important to run the installer no
matter what platform you're on since it makes sure various files are copied
to the "lcStackBrowser Resources" file in your plugins folder.

I'm puzzled about the zero length file though.  I use a "put url" statement
to copy the stack from the unzipped folder into the plugins folder - is
there something different about using that mechanism on Linux?  I had one
person who said lcStackBrowser didn't show up in the list of plugins after
running the installer, maybe this is the reason although he hasn't told me
what os he's on yet.

I am using code from BvG Docu 2 to create a database of dictionary info
(with Bjornke's permission).  There's one database for each version of
Livecode  so it only happens the first time you use lcStackBrowser with any
particular Livecode version. The database is used to display dictionary
information when you click the "i" icon next to any built-in property in
the display, so that feature won't be available in Linux but you should get
just an empty display rather than any sort of run time error.

I wasn't aware Docu 2 didn't work under Linux, probably some difference in
the unnecessarily complicated file and stack structures that make up the
dictionary.  I think I will bow to Bjornke's knowledge in that area but
I'll probably put some checks in to issue some sort of message if running
under Linux.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>