Scrolling speed of a data grid

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 15:20:01 EST 2014

Terry,

"Fixed row height" is an option only available for datagrid forms, so
it should be on no help here.

For datagrids working with databases, you should have a look to this lesson:
http://lessons.runrev.com/s/lessons/m/datagrid/l/7341-displaying-large-amounts-of-data

Basically the trick is to replace the FillinData handlers by one
GetDataForLine message

You can also try to set the "animate selections" property of the dg to false:

set the dgProps["animate selections"] of grp "myDataGrid" to false

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 8:24 PM, Terence Heaford
<t.heaford at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Richard,
>
> Fixed height row is being used.
>
> As for passing the data in, it is simply tab/return delimited from the Sqlite database
> which I believe the DataGrid converts to an array for internal use storing at as
>
> [row]["date"]
> [row]["type"]
> etc..
>
> There are 3 behaviour scripts, for date, amount, balance.
>
> date:
>
> on FillInData pData
>    convert pData from seconds to short system date
>    set the text of field 1 of me to pData
> end FillInData
>
> pData is seconds which is used to store the date in a SQLite database.
>
> amount/balance:
>
> on FillInData pData
>    set the numberFormat to "0.00"
>    add 0.00 to pData
>    set the text of field 1 of me to pData
> end FillInData
>
> I have not adjusted the LayoutControl handler from the data grids standard.
>
> All I have is the amount/balance as right justified to align the decimal points.
>
> All the best
>
> Terry
>

> On 25 Feb 2014, at 19:08, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>

>> Can you tell is how you populate the DataGrid?
>>
>> It would also be useful to see the code you have in your row template behavior's FillInData and LayoutControl handlers.
>>

>> And if you're using non-fixed row height, this may help:

Best,
--
Zryip TheSlug
http://www.aslugontheroad.com