Scrolling speed of a data grid

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Feb 25 15:17:57 EST 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Terence Heaford
<t.heaford at btinternet.com>wrote:

> As for passing the data in, it is simply tab/return delimited from the
> Sqlite database
> which I believe the DataGrid converts to an array for internal use storing
> at as
>
> [row]["date"]
> [row]["type"]
> etc..

I assume you get the SQLite data with 1 SELECT statement then load it all
into the datagrid?  What method are you using to load it into the datagrid,
dgText or dgData?  Neither one should cause the timing you're seeing but
might give a clue as to what's happening.

There is an alternative way to load large amounts of data into a datagrid
by using the dgNumberOfRecords property but it's considerably more
complicated than using dgData or dgText and really shouldn't be needed for
1700 records.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>