LiveCode Server on OS X

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Sun Feb 2 15:03:27 EST 2014

Sounds like someone has messed with the permissions. Try running permission repair before doing anything drastic. If there is a service that cannot access it’s own data, something got borked.

AFP in and of itself does not create the permissions of a folder, although there are utilities that can manage the permissions. Even if AFP were not running, the permissions would remain. They are stored with the folder itself.

What has likely occurred is that instead of using LOCAL permissions for services that need access to given folders, someone assigned Open Directory permissions instead. I can see how that might be problematic.

Apache is to my knowledge not using Open Directory for authentication and permissions, so your IT needs to make sure that the proper LOCAL permissions are intact on any folders that Apache needs to access.

HTH

Bob