mySQL disconnects

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun Feb 2 14:45:19 EST 2014

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Bob Sneidar <bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com>wrote:

> What I need is a way to check for the availability of the database without
> actually running a query. My gut feeling is that there is not without
> invoking the dreaded 1 minute timeout, so the real question is, can I
> adjust the amount of time Livecode will wait before giving up?

have you tried some queries NOT using SQL yoga?

I thought most timing stuff was on the server side…

regarding a reliable 'ping':
I know there are non-storage mySQL commands like time and calculations that
would be very small blips… I assume you've tried those.

it's been a while since I did much mySQL work.. and I used Trevor's earlier
'abstraction layer' libraries that I needed to hack for my own purposes.

*--*
*Stephen Barncard - San Francisco Ca. USA - Deeds Not Words*