mySQL disconnects

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun Feb 2 14:38:42 EST 2014

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Bob Sneidar <bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com>wrote:

> I do in fact close the connection each time. But for some reason, when I
> attempt to reconnect, if it has been too long a time since the last
> connection, I get that error. Also, I am developing on a laptop, and when I
> take the laptop to another location, from work to home for example it seems
> to happen there too.

yes, perhaps it's just the nature of "over-shared" mysql servers… and it
seems to change with the weather. Lately Dreamhost has been incredibly slow
with my Wordpress installations - and I wonder if mySQL is the culprit.

sometimes I wonder if comcast or other citizen internet connections are
trolled for certain port numbers and 'throttle' to keep file sharing down -
I don't trust Comcast to not do stuff like that...

*--*
*Stephen Barncard - San Francisco Ca. USA - Deeds Not Words*