._!

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Aug 27 12:21:01 EDT 2014

As an interesting side affect, and a treatise on why it’s never a good idea to do things this way, if I put Toshiba copier firmware on a USB drive using OS X, these hidden files end up also on the USB drive. Failing to remove these hidden files in Windows before attempting to apply the firmware update will COMPLETELY BORK THE COPIER REQUIRING THE NVRAM TO BE REBURNED!!!!! This requires a special tool that is not cheap.

Good thing I backed up the copier first because it results in the copier reverting to factory defaults. This is a real crappy way to save file info. I like the old resource/data fork method Apple used to use. Not sure why they got rid of that.

Bob S