Sending Terminal Command (Python) Using LiveCode?

JOHN PATTEN johnpatten at me.com
Tue Aug 26 12:43:13 EDT 2014

Hi All,

I manage a lot of  accounts in our Google Apps for Education deployment. I have used LiveCode to automate a lot of the csv creation for this process.

I use a Terminal application (GAM) created in Python to do some of this too.

I would like to be able to call the GAM Python scripts via LiveCode. A typical GAM python terminal command would be something like:

python gam.py create user jdoe at student.email.k12.ca.us firstname John lastname Doe password 111111 change password off

Could I call this Python script directly from LiveCode?

Something like:

on mouseUp
shell(python gam.py create user jdoe at student.sylvan.k12.ca.us firstname John lastname Doe password 111111 change password off
end mouseUp

This seems too easy. I’m guessing I would have to point Livecode to the proper directory (path) to the Python app. etc.

Is calling python scripts possible through LiveCode? …in need of an example :)

Thank you!
John Patten
SUSD