colorized scripts

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Aug 26 22:57:50 EDT 2014

Peter-

Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 4:53:19 AM, you wrote:

> Mark Weider came up with this trick, which I use in my library
> stack (a set of utility handlers, click on the name of a handler and
> the script is displayed in a field, properly colorized).

>    put thisScript into fld "script"
>    -- now colorize script
>    -- thanks to Mark Wieder, of the useRev listserv
>    put the number of lines of field "script" into tNum
>    send "sePrefInit" to stack "revNewScriptEditor"
>    send "revSEColorize thisScript,default" to stack "revNewScriptEditor"
>    _internal script colorize line 1 to tNum of field "script"
>    -- how he figured this out, I don't know

I have no recollection of coming up with this, but if I did it, it was
a result of a spelunking expedition into the script editor code. And
as a side-effect of that, it may well be outdated by now.

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any
related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting,
disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received
this communication in error, please delete it immediately.