iPhone kiosk

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Mon Aug 25 15:55:28 EDT 2014

Jailbreaking is a pain, but I see no way around it. We use a custom
hardware add-on that can only communicate to the iPhone if it is
jailbroken.

As far as jailbreaking new devices is concerned, the idea is to maintain
a cloned image of an earlier jailbroken device and then restore that
image to all new iPhones... overwriting any new OS upgrades it may have
shipped with.

We're not concerned about having access to typical new iOS upgrades. If
a new OS comes out that has a significant new feature in it for us, we'd
have to wait to use that feature until a jailbreak was available. But
that wait doesn't effect our ongoing business.

Richard