The Road Map as it now is . . . . .

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Sun Aug 17 19:17:29 EDT 2014

The point made earlier about free apps that are to run on specifically Android, is a valid, and RunRev should continue to work on Android support. In your reply I think you also indirectly argued that LiveCode should support Windows 8 devices, which is a good idea too.

There’s yet another complication with devices like the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, which can run Android apps, but in an emulated mode (it uses an Intel processor). So, LiveCode should also publish to Intel based Android devices. In the Adobe AIR world they recently started to do this, where you can specifically target Intel devices.

Here’s a very good model of supporting platforms; Unity. Unbelievably, these are the platforms Unity supports;

Web Player,
Mac, Windows, Unix standalones
iOS
Android
Blackberry
Xbox 360
Xbox One
PS3
PS Vita
PS4
Playstation Mobile
Windows Store
Windows Phone 8

I feel sure that they support Mac App Store. They certainly support Steam.

So, LiveCode, and other tools, have some way to go before they’re the best app for supporting multiple platforms!