Church bell app?

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Sun Aug 17 19:07:46 EDT 2014

In answer to an unrelated question I was looking at this earlier today:

http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F7C027/

With something like that you ought to be able to remotely turn on the power to the amplifier, and play the appropriate sound from the same device that told the amplifier to turn on. And yes, it could be a LiveCode Android app, running on the cheapest Android capable of playing audio and running apps. There would need to be a network, and I’m unclear on what address you would send the signal to (to turn on the WeMo), but it feels like it would be easy to do.

Craig might have some useful opinions on this. He’s done more stack controlled hardware than all other people on earth combined.