Image File Size Reduction

hh hh at livecode.org
Wed Aug 6 17:26:28 EDT 2014

One more interesting thing with sips on MacOS that Thierry not mentioned (because this is his daily 2nd breakfast I suppose):
One can effectively use it via applescript by the "image events" suite and can even modify ColorSync ICC profiles with it (am I right Thierry?).

This is not subject here but may be interesting for some 'beginner readers' in this context:
"convert", one of the imageMagick tools Klaus had in mind, could have some more options than sips for importing/exporting special formats (camera formats), see
put shell("/usr/local/bin/convert -list format").