Image File Size Reduction

Jacques Hausser jacques.hausser at unil.ch
Wed Aug 6 12:37:08 EDT 2014

I don't know fi it's the best way, but in one of my applications, I drag and drop an image and retrieve only it's file path (e.g. : put the dragData["files"] into photoFile); then I set the filename of existing empty images to this file path, adjust the size as needed (in reference to rectangles on the card) and export them "as jpeg" (and so I get rid of EXIF metadata). For the colors, I don't know...

Le 6 août 2014 à 18:18, Ray <ray at linkit.com> a écrit :

> Does anybody know of a way to reduce an image's disk size from within Livecode?
>
> Specifically, I'd like to be able to:
>   1)  change the file from PNG to JPEG
>   2)  change the color depth for PNG's to 8 bit
>   3)  change the dimensions
>
> Regarding the last of these I know you can set it up and take a snapshot but I was kind of looking for a way to do all three of these without a lot of fussing around.
>
> If not, does anybody know of any command line tools which will do this?  Image Magick works but I don't believe they have a command prompt version.  Very PDF has a product named Document Converter but it only does #1.
>
> Many Thanks!

Prof. Jacques Hausser
Department of Ecology and Evolution
Biophore / Sorge