"flattening" ouput pdf

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 14:55:19 EDT 2014

On 26/04/14 21:50, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 11:09 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Frankly; if you don't want anybody extracting text from your exported
>> files you might be better
>> exporting them as image files ??????
>>
> Those get big, fast.  We have a 3mb limit per file, and 90 page petitions
> aren't that rare . . . plus the searchable file is nice . . .  Plus they're
> making noises about mandatory pdf/A, and . . .
>
> It's not so much that *I* don't want the searching to occur, but that the
> *court* doesn't fix/flatten whatever when it filestamps things (with one of
> the local trustees' new pdf documents, if I open in preview, I get the
> court stamp on the "need Acrobat latest & greatest" message, while with
> acrobat/acroreader, I get the document with no stamp . . . pdf is an
> abomination).

I'm being a bit goofy: I don't quite understand what you mean by:

*court*

or the court stamp.

Would I be correct in thinking that the court stamp might be a
transparent image of
the court's seal overlaid on a text?

If that is what you want, then surely the thing might be to group the
seal image over the text field
and then export the whole thing as a PDF: therefore getting a text with
stamp overlaid and
unselectable text all in one.

Richmond.