bundling multiple database queries and getting a result

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 14:45:24 EDT 2013

My initial forays haven't been successful.

I want to pull unrelated things, likely from different tables, from the
same database as part of a single inquiry

something like

begin transaction;
SELECT a, b, c FROM firsttable;
SELECT name,address FROM othertable WHERE ID=47;
commit;

The inquiries aren't really related, but the latency in an offsite query
means that a series of inquiries slows down the program.

I've tried

BEGIN TRANSACTION;
SELECT val FROM baggins_bilbo____001_dinfo WHERE kywd='dFirstName';
SELECT val FROM baggins_bilbo____001_dinfo WHERE kywd='dLastName';
COMMIT;

Which returns 0 from revExecuteSQL

I've tried leaving off the begin/commit with revDataFromQuery, but only the
last query gets executed.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462