dealing with these *huge* pdf files generated

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sat Jun 1 14:58:37 EDT 2013

On 05/31/2013 06:33 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> I am ending up with *huge* pdf files.
>
> I'm seeing Acrobat 10  pro mac reduce files by over 90%, and preview
> reduce them by about 80%.
>
> These insanely large files bog up the printer, and are bigger than the
> court allows.
>
> Is there some sane way to produce ssmaller files from within hypercard?

Does this help at all?

http://www.chlab.ch/blog/archives/mac_os_x/compress-pdf-files-with-quartz-filters-from-shell

In 10.6 (the latest I have available) the file
"/System/Library/Printers/Libraries/quartzfilter" doesn't exist but
there is a file "/System/Library/Printers/Libraries/convert" which will
output a pdf although I don't know if it automatically applies
optimizations.

Good luck!

Warren