Open Source plugins and externals

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Jul 30 19:01:19 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Monte Goulding <monte at sweattechnologies.com
> wrote:

> Now RunRev actively showcasing inside LiveCode what extensions are
> available for the platform whether sold by them or not is another matter
> and could only be a good thing for them as far as I can see.

Not entirely on topic but on reading the animation engine post on the forum
about this, I note that there is a source code repository for folks who
would like to make changes to the open source version.  Is this a
requirement of supplying an open source version of a plugin, or is it valid
to simply supply the source code and tell everyone they're free to make
changes to their own version?

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>