Open Source plugins and externals

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Jul 30 18:13:28 EDT 2013

On 31/07/2013, at 7:53 AM, Alejandro Tejada <capellan2000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What do you think if we ask to RunRev
> to include many open source plugins with
> every LiveCode Community edition?

The currently included plugins do definitely need a cleanup from both a licensing and maintenance perspective. I'd suggest that the included plugins should only be examples in full control of the RunRev team. They should also not be hidden inside the app bundle but copied to the user's extensions folder so it's easier for users to see what can be done. Now RunRev actively showcasing inside LiveCode what extensions are available for the platform whether sold by them or not is another matter and could only be a good thing for them as far as I can see.

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!