Chained Behaviors

John Dixon dixonja at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Jul 12 14:48:01 EDT 2013

> Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 10:58:29 -0700
> From: ambassador at fourthworld.com
> To: use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Subject: Re: Chained Behaviors

> Nested behaviors simply extend the value of such a mechanism, at long
> last giving xTalk one of the most valuable aspects of OOP:  subclasses.

Richard...

I hear what you say, but does an xTalk language need to go down this road ?... or to perhaps put a direct way... Should an xTalk language be going down this road ?... What I am worried about is that there are a lot of people jumping on the 'open source' bandwagon... wanting to change things for what they see as improvement whilst completely forgetting that it is simplicity not complexity that has got xTalk where it is today...

John Craig and I have debated this very point for hours... but all that has come outof our discussions is that we agree to disagree...

Dixie