revIgniter - how to instal

Ralf Bitter rabit at revigniter.com
Thu Jan 31 14:15:04 EST 2013

Hi Paolo,

it seems that you are using MacOS server. If this is the case
I am sorry. There is a bug (9869) in LiveCode Server confirmed by RunRev.
LiveCode server versions 4.6.3 up to 5.0.2 have two incorrect path environment
variables on Lion and Mountain Lion. These variables are:

$_SERVER["PATH_TRANSLATED"] and $_SERVER["PATH_INFO"].

As revIgniter is heavily dependent on path variables this means that
there is no way to run revIgniter using the said OS / server versions.

I reported this bug in November 2011. In September 27, 2012 I got the
following response from the RunRev QCC:

"your bug report has been addressed and the issue you raised is fixed.
We fixed this bug in release: 5.5.3-rc-1."

Unfortunately the fixed version is still waiting to be released.

Ralf